Sunday, July 24, 2005

Ten Songs

Well, Strange Little Fox has tagged me, so here I go:

List ten songs that you are currently digging...it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.


1. "Maureen," Fountains of Wayne (off the new one)
2. "Stop Your Sobbing," The Kinks (Thanks to steve s. & DR!)
3. "Love On a Farmboy's Wages," XTC (True: I sing this as a lullaby to my children)
4. "I Get Lost," Choo Choo la Rouge (Boston pop: gonna see them this fall)
5. "Mary Mary," Chumbawamba (I love this band, unapologetically)
6. "Love's Sick," Hotsocky (I'm obsessed with this song)
7. "Side 2," Dressy Bessy (Props to ekim, a kinder and more generous soul never existed)
8. "Glow Girl," The Who (steve again--I had it, but I heard it differently this week.)
9. "Your Devotion," Shoes (In the last week, I've listened to the whole repertoire on the ipod, comprising 93 songs. Annoyed the hell out of the offspring.)
10. "Good Girls Don't," The Knack (just got this on CD finally, and this was always my fave)
NB: No Paul Anka.

And my five tags, all predictable: watertiger, Thersites, Eli, NTodd, and Codename V. (still hearting the Killers, V.?)

9 comments:

ntodd said...

Oh, alright. First I need coffee.

ntodd said...

Done. Do I get a cookie? :-)

Anonymous said...

and people ask me why I don't have a blog ;}

watertiger said...

well, i'm still a little groggy from all the wine, so I'll have to give this some thought.

AB said...

Mary, I thought you might like to check this out:

http://www.dandywarhols.com/

V said...

Totally done. And totally still hearting the killers :)

Rmj said...

What? No blues? No jazz? No Ellington, Monk, Coltrane, Mingus? Not even anything from "Spamalot"? (which has some great tunes!)

Pshaw!

Actually, just dropped by to mention that I know have "All Blues" by Miles Davis as a ringtone on my new cell phone.

Which struck me as the perfect troll post, since it's about jazz, and all about me, and of no possible interest or use to anyone else.

But it allows me to talk about myself.

Gotta practice my trolling when I can....

Ol' Froth said...

I just love "Stop your Sobbing."

michael said...

I don't think I've ever heard the Kinks' version of SYS, only the Pretenders' cover. (Isn't there a Davies/Hynde child out there somewhere? I'd think he/she would be a great songwriter).

And Dressy Bessy, I've been listening to "The Things That You Say That You Do" a lot lately. I think that was another Fluxblog post from a while back. He compared them to Belly, but they sound more like Magnapop to me--at least the singer does on that song.