Sunday, October 22, 2006

Back on Topic...

I've been doing a lot of political blogging lately--frankly, I think the world needs it--but it's only fair, because the political bloggers have been doing some fun music stuff.

via Atrios:
Fun guitar-based pop with some added flourishes to make it interesting. And they're shrill, which is very important.

I blogged about the Trolleyvox a few weeks ago when they played with PowerPop faves Milton and the Devils Party, but I had no idea they were shrill. Thanks, Atrios!

via FDL:

Lots of panels ranging from "Acting Up: Music Activism 2006", to "Hiring and Maintaining an Entourage". There is "CBGB: The Ultimate Reunion" with Chris Stein (Blondie) and Tommy Ramone (Ramones), as well as the panel that I'm on - "Lollapalooza 15th Anniversary Reunion".

I have to say, it's a doozey of a panel: George Clinton, Duane Denison (Jesus Lizard), Gibby Hanes (Butthole Surfers), Maureen Herman (Babes In Toyland), and yours truly (L7). We don't need a moderator, we need the Chief of Police. Should be interesting, all of us lined up on the dais…authority figures. I can almost hear Jackie Gleason saying "Har har hardy har har!".


(The "I" here, for those who aren't firedogs, is Donita Sparks of L7. We love her. She's shrill, too!)

via Sadly No!:

The Angels, "No Secrets"

(I love Gavin's "discovery" story here--all real audiophiles have one, or forty.)

They have Ted freaking Nugent. That's all I'm sayin'....

No comments: