Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 to World: I'm Outta Here!

Submitted for your approval -- an utterly adorable unofficial fan video for "Nobody Knows Me at All" by The Weepies. Yes, the same band whose "All That I Want" prompted me to put up a perhaps overly sappy Christmas post last week.



In any case, I think I posted the clip last year at this time, so think of it as an ongoing New Year's Eve tradition.

And say what you will about these guys (including that singer Deb Talan has the cutest, most affecting suburban voice in contemporary pop) I think it's safe to say that they write the best bridges since Lennon and McCartney. Seriously -- that little bit beginning with "But oh...when the lights are low" opens the song up like Cinemascope.

2 comments:

Shaw Kenawe said...

Oh yes. Very nice.

Now go to my blog and check out the talent in my family:

www.progressiveerupts.blogspot.com


And a glass of champers to you, steve, this evening.

Happy 2009--I think.

Anonymous said...

I like The Weepies. Like you say, great writers.

Their stuff wears well over time.