Friday, October 08, 2010

Tales From the Windy City

As noted yesterday, no Listomania -- again! -- this week, due to onerous professional obligations. Sorry about that, and I'll make it up to everybody, I promise.

But in the meantime, ace Chicago pop-punk combo and friends of PowerPop The Safes are going to be performing in Manhattan over the weekend. Here's "She's So Sad," their newest video.



Love the bear, BTW.

In any case, the guys will be performing at Fontana's [105 Eldridge Street; Phone: 212-334-6740], a low dive with continuous entertainment, tomorrow (Saturday) night. Admission is 8 dollars (cheap), and the show starts promptly at 9pm.

As it turns out, I'll be there (along with a certain shady dame). If you make the scene, you can't miss me -- I'll be the old Jew with the walker and the beret.

3 comments:

The Phantom Creep said...

I've liked everything you've ever posted by these guys, but I still can't quite put my finger on who they remind me of.

A cuter American version of the Buzzcocks, maybe?

Anonymous said...

Great song. Made two minutes feel like one minute.

Great guitar stuff, too.

AP

PS: Birthy Hapday, John.

TMink said...

More great stuff on my iPod from the blog. Thanks!

And that 4001 looks pretty cool, it the color a little different?

Trey