Thursday, June 21, 2012

Things About Blogger That Make Me Want to Guzzle Anti-Freeze (Part I)

Okay, I just finished up a lengthy and I thought quite brilliant review of the new Criterion Collection DVD box set of four restored David Lean/Noel Coward films. Which I was using to a) keep myself in the good graces of the fine folks at Criterion and b) serve as the clue to the theme of tomorrow's Weekend Listomania.

And then the new and supposedly improved Blogger ate the whole damn thing.

Have I mentioned that that new and supposedly improved Blogger is worse than certain creaky old DOS programs I endured in the early 90s?

God, it sucks.

Anyway, the Listomania will go up tomorrow, assuming Blogger doesn't eat it too, and the clue has something to do with Kay Hammond in Blithe Spirit.

And as always, a coveted PowerPop No-Prize will be awarded to the first reader who gleans the clue's relevance to the theme of tomorrow's entry.

7 comments:

dave™© said...

Songs that had to be remade because the original recording was eaten by dogs?

steve simels said...

YES!!!!!!

TMink said...

Wow, right out of the blocks! I guess songs by artists who wear ghostly white makeup is something I will just keep to myself then.

8)

Trey

steve simels said...

No, Trey, actually I was kidding about the dog stuff.

And I rather like you're idea, although I will probably have to steal it later.
:-)

buzzbabyjesus said...

Day before yesterday I had a Word Press debacle over at "Now That's What I Call Bullshit" that took the better part of a day to resolve.

TMink said...

Steve, I got you. Sometimes my humor is too dry for my own good!

Trey

spinetingler said...

Blogspot ate one of my blog posts today, right in the middle of writing it. Fortunately, I didn't have much to say, so not much was lost.