Thursday, January 21, 2016

Your Thursday Moment of Words Fail Me: Special Speaking of Gorgeous Edition

From their forthcoming (in a couple of months) debut album The Great Northern, please behear in breathless wonder the greatest Scandanavian import since Ingrid Bergman, the charmingly monikered Swedish Polarbears and the lead-off single "Winter."




I gotta say, I know it's only January, but this is my candidate for song of the year, and I'm standing by that assessment no matter what. Seriously, that is the most sublimely Byrdsian thing I've heard in eons, and I can't listen to it without getting all misty. What a gorgeous fucking record.

I think I'm in love with these guys; you can find out more about them over at their website HERE.

3 comments:

Billy B said...

Good stuff, Stevie. As to this:

please behear in breathless wonder the greatest Scandanavian import since Ingrid Bergman,

I dunno - The Soundtrack of Our Lives were Scandinavian...

steve simels said...

Good point.

Mark said...

I hear early Byrds, and especially BELLS OF RHYMNEY, in these Polarbears. And if you haven't heard Robyn Hitchcok's BELLS OF RHYMMEY (on FEGMANIA!), do so to hear the Byrds out-Byrded, which is no easy task.

And count me in for TSOOL. Saw them once at Castle Clinton in NYC's Battery Park before I got to know their music, and I was straightaway bowled over. TSOOL was one of less than a handful of bands that I saw without hearing their music beforehand who immediately made me a follower.