Monday, July 04, 2016

If It's the 4th of July, It's Bruce Springsteen Day!!!

I think I've posted a version of this song every 4th since NYMary first gave me the metaphorical keys to the car around here. So why should this year be any different?



That one is from a show at the old Capitol Theater in 1978, in case you were wondering. Pretty great, I think.

In any case, at the risk of harshing anybody's mellow, let me just say here's hoping that the next time this holiday rolls around we won't have a certain sociopath...


...polluting our national discourse with bigotry and ignorance any longer.

Hey -- a boy can dream, can't he?

Have a great 4th, everybody!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesn't get any better

Unknown said...

Listening to (usually the album version) of this has become an annual tradition for me, just like Alice's Resturaunt is on Thanksgiving.