Thursday, July 21, 2016

Your Thursday Moment of Why Didn't I Get the Memo?

From the Letterman show in 2007, please enjoy singer/songwriter Elvis Perkins and an insinuating tune from his debut album "While You Were Sleeping."



I was unaware of this guy until the other day, and you could have knocked me over with a feather when I learned he was the son of...this guy.


In all seriousness, in retrospect I can see the resemblance (although I think Elvis looks more like Robbie Robertson than Norman Bates).

The vocal quality is kinda like his dad, though. In any case, I like what I've heard of his music so far.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I have Perkins' 2015 album, I Aubade, which I recall primarily because he reminds me, in voice and phrasing, of Clem Snide's Eef Barzelay, whose music and lyrics I adore. Perkins has a richer and smoother delivery, though. Must go back and re-listen to the CD, and head on over to Spotify to listen to Perkins' older stuff.

And I thought he was a son of one of The Elvis Brothers, a band that was great on record, and stupendous live the one time I caught their act.